This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickinson War Memorial Benefit Tournament

Folks I'm working with a Local Boy Scout as part of his Eagle Scout project to set up a Benefit Tourament to help build a War Memorial in Dickinson.

Currently the Date of the Tournament is Sept. 19th

We are currently looking for sponsors for the tournament and donations for a silent auction that will be held afterwards at the Dickinson VFW, along with BBQ plate Dinner.

What I can really need right now is suggests of where to hold the Tournament Check-in and Weigh-in. The place needs to be pretty close to Dickinson so after weighing in folks don't have too far to go to the Dickinson VFW where the awards will be given out that evening.

I will also be needing some help at the Check-in and Weigh-in the day of the tournament. So if you would like to help out let me know.

Thanks
    Derek
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; July 1, 2009, 07:49 PM. Reason: Correcting date...
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Here is a link to a video on Ch 13 that covered the story for Memorial Day. It shows the design of the Memorial and has more information.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=6831144
    Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I would suggest the Fish Spot 2 marina on Moses Lake as a checkin/weighin spot.. or the marina where TopWater Grill is located...I think it was once called April Fools Marina...not sure, about to have my first cup of coffee to kickstart my brain...
      "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
      "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Y'all are having th tourney on a Tuesday??? If you mean the weekend before...i'd like to volunteer my services anyway possible.
        Last edited by FlatoutFishin; July 1, 2009, 07:15 AM.
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Heartbreakers parking lot? Just a thought.
          Last edited by FlatoutFishin; July 1, 2009, 07:18 AM.
          Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

No I just caught the date mistake myself......I was looking at August and picking and day in September. The date is actually Sept. 19th

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
              No I just caught the date mistake myself......I was looking at August and picking and day in September. The date is actually Sept. 19th

Good, I'll either fish it or help out.
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Well things are starting to come together. Capt Wayne is going to MC and the Coastal Bend Weigh Team is going to do the weigh-in services for the event.

Not sure how this will work, but we have decided to use the boat ramp at Dickinson Bayou and Hwy 3 for the Check-in and Weigh-in location. Though there is enough time to move it if enough folks think it is a bad idea. The best part about using it is the VFW Hall is less than a mile away.

More to come as I get the details put together.

Comment

Team hippie gonna get em again???
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Actually, I'm not going to fish this one because I'm running it and there would be a lot of things to do that day to get ready for the weigh-in and everything. However, 007 will be fishin with my son and the apple don't fall far from the tree if you know what I mean......

Comment

Billystix is in i believe

Bounty hunter
                      i believe the young man contacted me in regards to this tourney and said someone had recomended me for a possible donation was that you by chance?
                      Any way i chated with his mom and told her to remind me early on so that i would not let it slip up on me, if you are the one that sent the young man then help remind me so that i dont get busy and let it slip up on me, as you know i do a lot of charity and giveaways, might as well cant sellummmm so i will just give them away :d
                      stix

Comment

Billy,

Your name was on a list of folks I gave the young man to contact. As always you have shown what a big heart you have and have my heart felt thanks. I'll be sure to remind you as we get closer to the tournament.

Thanks again!!!!!!

P.S. now that my daughter's wedding is a thing of the past, a new Stix just may be in the mix......

Comment

Now we talking a new custom billystix will do the job for sure
                          i will be looking forward to the build.
                          Stix
                          Attached Files

Comment

Anyone wanting to lend a hand in this tournament please send an email to Abraham Kluksdahl. He is the young man heading up the construction of the memorial as part of his Eagle Scout project. I his rare to find teenagers committed to honoring that that protected this great nation, "All gave Some and Some gave All".

Abraham's email address is akluksdahl@comcast.net Also please CC his mom at bkluksdahl@comcast.net and myself at allhawkskil@comcast.net.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Y'all don't forget to get a bid in on the Billy Stix rod up for auction.........

BillyStiX Rods are built one at a time, and are hand-wrapped and fitted to your particular needs. Billy McDaniel has been building BillyStiX Custom Fishing Rods for about 40 years. A Florida native and fisherman himself, Billy understands the needs of his customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X