Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dove hunting

Default Dove hunting

Who is ready? I know teal season is first and my freakin job f'd up my opening morning hunt. But shorty and xpress89 are gonna hook a brotha up.

Anyways the pup is doing great. Sittting/staying/short retrieves/etc.. Now lets just hope he is not gun shy. Looking forward to popping and grilling some dove with you FWE members this year.
    HEY.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
    Who is ready? I know teal season is first and my freakin job f'd up my opening morning hunt. But shorty and xpress89 are gonna hook a brotha up.

Anyways the pup is doing great. Sittting/staying/short retrieves/etc.. Now lets just hope he is not gun shy. Looking forward to popping and grilling some dove with you FWE members this year.
    I am!! lets go spread some milo before its too late
    MANVEL MOB

I haven't been in a couple of years, but that all changes 30 minutes before daylight on Sept 1st.

Make sure you condition your pup to the gun prior to bringing him to the field! Not doing so can be detrimental to your pup.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Make sure you condition yourselves as well! Some really bad stuff happens when your not in shape walking in the marsh in 90 degree heat & Mosquitos a-buzing!

I am stoked for sure. Central opener is just a few weeks away!!!

Make sure you condition your pup to the gun prior to bringing him to the field!
    X2, can't have a gun-shy hunting dog. Scare him early and he might never forget it.

Start with small things, like clapping your hand suddenly while he is distracted (eating maybe?). Then while he is not distracted, then move up to louder things like those little snaps that you throw, .22, etc...

I have heard taking them for walks and playing with them around a gun range is a good idea.

i have had labs all my life with guns and fireworks and all kinds of other annoying noises just love em work with em and spend time with em they will fall right into the fun!! My dad had some of the smartest labs and the best hunters around now he has a lap dog !!
    MANVEL MOB

Quote Originally Posted by dbarham View Post
    I am!! lets go spread some milo before its too late
    400 acres of milo out there already. We will def hit it up. Going to start training him with firearms this week
    HEY.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
    400 acres of milo out there already. We will def hit it up. Going to start training him with firearms this week
    awesome!!!!
    MANVEL MOB

I am just ready for hunting season no matter what it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast