Thread: Wat to do

Default Wat to do

Okay guys the jack arse who owned the boat before me decided to pull a d.a.m (dumb arse move). He cut off one of the bolt that bolted my lower unit on! Okay easy fix right? So i get a $15 easy out set drilled a hole tapped it in started turning it the threads flattened out so i moved to the next size. It got a bite and i started backin the bolt out maybe half a turn if that much then POP the p.o.s supposedly hardened steel easy out snapped off inside the damn bolt !!!! So wat do i do now im so frustrated with this bolt its just been one shortcut after another from the previous owner!

that sucks. I had this happen working on a geo, I had drilled all the way through the bolt so I was able to punch the easy out through the bolt into the aluminum block. Another time i was able to break the easy out but was told later I was lying.
    Good luck with it.

That darn hardened steel ease out was made out of some brittle steel,As rdb sayes they can sometimes be pushed through,but as luck would have it,you probably have a blind hole try chipping it out with small chisel,possibly diamond shaped blade and pinpoint heat if you can use it!...Truly a drag, have patience.Good Luck Amigo!
    West Bay Sensai...

Smooth has the idea. The reason it snapped it because it was hardened. My dad taught me that for every 1/4 turn I should back it up to keep it loose. If you can get it hot and quench it that may help, but a separating disc on a dremel may be you r best bet.
    Good Luck!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

This all sounds like French to me. Just call Evan's...
    HEY.

Okay guys thanks alot i really appreciate the input ive own thing boat for 3 months now and have yet to get it on the water im so damn ready to be done!

It might be a slow process but I would try drilling it out! I know how you feel about getting in the water It was almost 4 months before I got mine in! I bought my boat & the people that had it before me NEVER registered the trailer & The guy that originally owned it had Died & Luckily his wife was still Alive & was able to get me a copy of the will That stated she was the Executor of his estate & Could sign the Trailer Registration over to me. Then I got the motor's Carbs redone because it was sitting for a while & took it to a place in the Heights @ West Gray & Montrose The Mechanic Could not even fix it right! DO NOT GO THERE!! Luckily My friend had a neighbor that was a retired boat mechanic & still did side work & Fixed it right the First Time! MARKS BOAT REPAIRS 713.694.7756 Nice Guy & Knows his Stuff!

Thanks!