Bait well plumbing ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait well plumbing ?s

What all is needed to plumb in a baitwell? My boat has 2 bait wells built into the back with 3/4" thru hulls coming out the sides. I did some googleing and most set ups I saw were way more involved then what I think I need. I can keep bait alive all day in a damn bucket with a $7 air pump, I can't see the need for back up pumps, different switches and valves, and multiple holes in my hull. I just want to be able to aerate the water, recycle it with fresh periodically and drain it out at the end of the day. What a good cost efficient way to go about this?

Thanks

Travis
    When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Re: Bait well plumbing ?s

Home depot sells the hose and connection and then Walmart has the arioter and pump

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Overkiller View Post
      What all is needed to plumb in a baitwell? My boat has 2 bait wells built into the back with 3/4" thru hulls coming out the sides. I did some googleing and most set ups I saw were way more involved then what I think I need. I can keep bait alive all day in a damn bucket with a $7 air pump, I can't see the need for back up pumps, different switches and valves, and multiple holes in my hull. I just want to be able to aerate the water, recycle it with fresh periodically and drain it out at the end of the day. What a good cost efficient way to go about this?

Thanks

Travis
      Here's a cheap version. I've done this a lot.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/st...erator&Ntk=All
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

It doesn't seem that anyone knows exactly what you are asking. The aeration part is easy...doesn't anyone know the plumbing/fill/empty aspects???

Surely someone here can help Travis with this project.
        "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Yeah i think you're right. I'll type out something more intelligable at lunch.
          When I grow up I want to be, One of the harvesters of the sea. I think before my days are done, I want to be a fisherman.

Comment

This isn't so hot, but there are others at the end......
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
            X