shark fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shark fest

the surf was too pretty to pass up today. the water was so clear it was like looking into an aquarium.i got some mullet with the cast net and headed to the secound sand bar. schools of mullet were charging at me with the blacktips right behind them! saw lots of different kinds of rays swiming by to. ended up with 4 blacktips in 4 casts,all about 3ft long. called it a day and went to the pass for some flounder. no luck there so back to the beach to throw a jig and watch the sharks swim by me.the tide started to move in and they started breaking the surface hitting bait,time to go home! it was pretty cool to watch.
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPER SPOOK View Post
      the surf was too pretty to pass up today. the water was so clear it was like looking into an aquarium.i got some mullet with the cast net and headed to the secound sand bar. schools of mullet were charging at me with the blacktips right behind them! saw lots of different kinds of rays swiming by to. ended up with 4 blacktips in 4 casts,all about 3ft long. called it a day and went to the pass for some flounder. no luck there so back to the beach to throw a jig and watch the sharks swim by me.the tide started to move in and they started breaking the surface hitting bait,time to go home! it was pretty cool to watch.
      I couldn't have made that wade D. Sharks + Harvey= gone.

Comment

sweet...It can get interesting wading with a bucket full of mullet with three and four foot sharks sashing boat all around you Danny.Been there done that and glad i didn't get the bite badge.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I don't know if I could stand my ground with the sharks busting bait around me, my hat is off to you. I do wish I could have seen it.

Comment

I agree with all of them!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good report.
              Karma's a beach.

Comment

Re: shark fest

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                nice.
                X2
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice report, good thing the sharks had plenty of mullet to nibble on instead of you.
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yikes! I'd have to leave the water too. You're braver than I am. Hey, no photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Little Boat View Post
                      Yikes! I'd have to leave the water too. You're braver than I am. Hey, no photos?
                      yep,will have to text it to the ole lady, then have her e-mail it to me and download that. same with the flounder pic of today. maybe later. if i had a go-pro would have had some killer under water pics!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

mucho juevos
                        "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Working...
                        X