Dove hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dove hunting

Who is ready? I know teal season is first and my freakin job f'd up my opening morning hunt. But shorty and xpress89 are gonna hook a brotha up.

Anyways the pup is doing great. Sittting/staying/short retrieves/etc.. Now lets just hope he is not gun shy. Looking forward to popping and grilling some dove with you FWE members this year.
    KEEP IT WET..

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
    Who is ready? I know teal season is first and my freakin job f'd up my opening morning hunt. But shorty and xpress89 are gonna hook a brotha up.

Anyways the pup is doing great. Sittting/staying/short retrieves/etc.. Now lets just hope he is not gun shy. Looking forward to popping and grilling some dove with you FWE members this year.
    I am!! lets go spread some milo before its too late
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I haven't been in a couple of years, but that all changes 30 minutes before daylight on Sept 1st.

Comment

Make sure you condition your pup to the gun prior to bringing him to the field! Not doing so can be detrimental to your pup.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Make sure you condition yourselves as well! Some really bad stuff happens when your not in shape walking in the marsh in 90 degree heat & Mosquitos a-buzing!

Comment

I am stoked for sure. Central opener is just a few weeks away!!!

Make sure you condition your pup to the gun prior to bringing him to the field!
            X2, can't have a gun-shy hunting dog. Scare him early and he might never forget it.

Start with small things, like clapping your hand suddenly while he is distracted (eating maybe?). Then while he is not distracted, then move up to louder things like those little snaps that you throw, .22, etc...

I have heard taking them for walks and playing with them around a gun range is a good idea.

Comment

i have had labs all my life with guns and fireworks and all kinds of other annoying noises just love em work with em and spend time with em they will fall right into the fun!! My dad had some of the smartest labs and the best hunters around now he has a lap dog !!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                I am!! lets go spread some milo before its too late
                400 acres of milo out there already. We will def hit it up. Going to start training him with firearms this week
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

400 acres of milo out there already. We will def hit it up. Going to start training him with firearms this week
                  awesome!!!!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

I am just ready for hunting season no matter what it is!

Comment

I sho is. Im ready. Teal already all over our flats.
                      Karma's a beach.

Comment

I've cleaned my shotgun three times already , me and Fishinfreak are gonna blast some clays and get the field ready next weekend !

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2
                        I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reef Drifter View Post
                          I've cleaned my shotgun three times already , me and Fishinfreak are gonna blast some clays and get the field ready next weekend !

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2
                          If you wouldn't mind I would like to bring the pup and stand off in the distance while you shoot some clays. THat is if I cannot find a spot before then.

Thanks.
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Sounds to me like everyones ready! Now go have fun!
                            West Bay Sensai...

Comment

was out at the duck lease on my to check out the dove fields. I'll have plenty of both. I had about 60 teal come and go during a hour long period that I was watching. Its freakin hot outside though. I hope its overcast opening day.

Comment

Working...
                              X