I want your opinion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want your opinion...

Hey Gang...not quite done with the accounting for this year's Redfish Tournament but looking like we will be giving the Shriners a check for over $7k. Add in last years at around $5k and I am pleased with that...

What I want your opinion on is this...what could I do different or better that would make the "party" we have better? This is not about the fishing part...that is 100% handled by Coe and I think he does a fantastic job. I want your feedback on what I could have or do different that would add to the fun while at the same time make money, which is after all why we are doing all we are doing.

I think the silent auction went very well and we will most likely be doing that again.
    The raffle is a consistant money earner and we always seem to have high quality prizes.
    I though the music this year was off the hook.
    The BBQ are a little under what I thought they would be. Should I lower the price more? Should I change the menu?

The one thing this crowd does a lot of is DRINK. How can I piggy back on that to help raise funds? Add a dollar to each beer for that day only with $ going to charity? Shot girls? Help me here...

Any other thoughts? I am open and I value all suggestions. This thing is growing annually by about 50% a year and I try to get started on the next one in February the following year so we have a few months...

Thanks for your participation and any thoughts/suggestions you may have...

Brad
    sigpic

From what I've heard, it was a blast. Great to hear about helping the Shriners. Keep on keeping on!

Comment

Raising the price on drinks is probably a good idea (but it may cost me a fortune).
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I thought it was awesome man.. Music was great -- didn't try the food.. You might try and pre-sell some plates next time to generate more revenue, and the people might hang around a bit more or be more likely to show up at all if they've paid for the bbq or whatever is being served before hand. I'll start working after the first of the year to see if I can get some donations to add to the raffle pot. Good job man!!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

maybe a volunteer staffed fish fry with donated fish at 10 dollars a plate added on to the entry fee?

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
            I thought it was awesome man.. Music was great -- didn't try the food.. You might try and pre-sell some plates next time to generate more revenue, and the people might hang around a bit more or be more likely to show up at all if they've paid for the bbq or whatever is being served before hand. I'll start working after the first of the year to see if I can get some donations to add to the raffle pot. Good job man!!
            Excellent Idea
            sigpic

Comment

I missed this one. Sounds like it was a great turnout! I like the idea of pre-selling plates. I would pre-sale whole briskets, so people would come to pick up a whole brisket and they would also buy a plate if they stay. Plus you can sell a whole brisket for alot more than just plates.
              sigpic
              www.TEXASSMOKESAUCE.com

Comment

Brad let me see if the cook-off team will cook the pre sale briskets.You can ask folks like fuzzy,coachlaw and myself them boys can cook.I think we have got second place at each cook -off and they have a garage turned into a trophy room.Mike does catering for most of the big name golf tourneys.i will put a bug in his ear if you want me to.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Easiest money maker hands down. STRIPPERS. Just get them to volunteer their services. Hey its for the kids right.

Comment

I think You would have to charge too much for the briskets to make much money. Have You bought raw briskets latley? I think plates are the way to go. JMO.
                    Beandaddy

Comment

All meat prices are up due to the droughts last year. Brad, if you want to go whole brisket route let me know. I can get'em pretty cheap from the packer.
                      sigpic
                      www.TEXASSMOKESAUCE.com

Comment

Working...
                      X