Do you believe in the supernatural?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in the supernatural?

So I've had an experience or few with this. Who here believes in the supernatural, or is it just hokum to you?
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
    So I've had an experience or few with this. Who here believes in the supernatural, or is it just hokum to you?
    You know I do...only time I've seen something was at BR...and I'm serious, something kept walking behind me! Was it Glenn, some Karankawa indian, or some other...I don't know, but it was pretty damn clear each time.
    My wife lived in NO when she was young(around 8) and they moved to a new house...she swears there was a ghost hanging in the doorway to her parents room. Previous to that house she'd always go and jump in bed with them...the hanging ghost cured her of that!

Why do these threads always pop up around halloween? LoL
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I watched as two self-proclaimed vampires change into bats on Magazine Street in NOLA a few years back. It could have been the Mexican cigarettes and puerto rican rum nevertheless I've quit drinking alcohol since then.

Comment

I'm a believer
        Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
        (AKA Evans Marine Services)
        4340 19th St.
        Bacliff, Texas 77518
        http://evansmarine.net
        http://boatwerxtx.com
        main@boatwerxtx.com
        281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Monte, how come you never told me about that?
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

It could have been the 'headless pilot of SLP". A tale told to me in 1957 by my grandfather while fishing & camping at SLP.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Monte, how come you never told me about that?
              Knucklehead...it was the last time I was out. We talked about it and you even went into detail about the old Confederate prison camp, and it could've been that! LoL... And I thought my memory was shot!
              Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                It could have been the 'headless pilot of SLP". A tale told to me in 1957 by my grandfather while fishing & camping at SLP.
                Well spill the beans now that you've got our attention!
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I believe. Had a few experiences myself.
                  Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

oh no!!!!! not that!!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Now that I try to remember Monte, I do recollect everything. You gotta get back out here sometime.

Tell the story Kenny. I want to hear it.

Comment

Now that I try to remember Monte, I do recollect everything. You gotta get back out here sometime.

Tell the story Kenny. I want to hear it.
                        Soon, I'm waiting for the next bayou draining norther to hit! Got to , just to get your thangs to yeah...been a weird year for me!
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

We were camping at the Pass in my Papa's '48 truck and an old Army tarp held up by a ridge pole, two uprights, and a maze of lines and stakes. It was certainly a fine camp with all the conveniences. We had an a couple of old white gas lanterns, a stove, army cots with mosquito nets, and a couple of round corrugated water coolers.
                          Papa had packed all the old split bamboo calcutta poles, with the turned wood handles. He had wrapped the handles with cord and some maybe with friction tape for a better grip. They all had Penn reels spooled with dacron or nylon line, home-maded leaders and weights and big catfish hooks.
                          About the second evening, as we sat around the fire, papa started telling the story about a young navy aviator, before we were in the war, that was flying a training mission out of the old Army Air Corps strips at Matagorda peninsula. Apparently he was wrapped by an early spring fog, lost his bearings and flew that Stearman trainer smack into the sand right there at the Pass. A few days later the wreck was spotted by some shrimpers pulling nets off the pass. Odd thing was, when the sheriff made it down the island to the pass to check the wreckage, the plane was pretty much intact and the pilot still strapped in the cockpit! In fact the only thing missing was the young pilots head.
                          Well, they say the ghost of that pilot still haunts the pass in search of his missing head. It's been reported by some that sometimes on an early spring night, when a late spring norther blows in, you can still hear his ghostly call;"where's my head.....where's my head?". Some say that fishermen have been found with their heads sawed off, that he's looking for a new head! "Where's my head.....where's my head".
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

We were camping at the Pass in my Papa's '48 truck and an old Army tarp held up by a ridge pole, two uprights, and a maze of lines and stakes. It was certainly a fine camp with all the conveniences. We had an a couple of old white gas lanterns, a stove, army cots with mosquito nets, and a couple of round corrugated water coolers.
                            Papa had packed all the old split bamboo calcutta poles, with the turned wood handles. He had wrapped the handles with cord and some maybe with friction tape for a better grip. They all had Penn reels spooled with dacron or nylon line, home-maded leaders and weights and big catfish hooks.
                            About the second evening, as we sat around the fire, papa started telling the story about a young navy aviator, before we were in the war, that was flying a training mission out of the old Army Air Corps strips at Matagorda peninsula. Apparently he was wrapped by an early spring fog, lost his bearings and flew that Stearman trainer smack into the sand right there at the Pass. A few days later the wreck was spotted by some shrimpers pulling nets off the pass. Odd thing was, when the sheriff made it down the island to the pass to check the wreckage, the plane was pretty much intact and the pilot still strapped in the cockpit! In fact the only thing missing was the young pilots head.
                            Well, they say the ghost of that pilot still haunts the pass in search of his missing head. It's been reported by some that sometimes on an early spring night, when a late spring norther blows in, you can still hear his ghostly call;"where's my head.....where's my head?". Some say that fishermen have been found with their heads sawed off, that he's looking for a new head! "Where's my head.....where's my head".
                            I heard the same story but it's about a West Bay crabber and a reef he believes is his...his ghost is pissed because some old dude in a FlatsCat keeps potlicking it!
                            Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Boo!
                              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
                              X