Wade newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade newbie

Hey I am looking for a couple good places to go wade fishing this sunday I am pretty new to the sport and are looking for any tips and suggestions
    "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish,
    and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishings not that hard."
    -Ron Swanson-

Get a hotspot wade/kayak map man itll show u alot!

Comment

Those maps are a real good source of info.......got one a few weeks ago

Comment

I can just pick one up at academy or what?
        -Ron Swanson-

Comment

Yep they have them

Comment

Yes, Academy has HotSpot maps for wading and boating, for the areas you'd be interested in. Note the distinction and obtain a wading map.
            At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Sound good I'll pick one up, better yet are there any iphone apps that contain the same maps and data?
              -Ron Swanson-

Comment

Originally posted by FratFishing View Post
                Sound good I'll pick one up, better yet are there any iphone apps that contain the same maps and data?
                Not that I'm aware of, but I'm not an iphone/android user and still use sim based phones.

But I wouldn't take an iphone out on a wade. I do insert my sim into a basic brick waterproof phone, if I anticipate the need (and for emergency purposes).

I do track my paddling with the breadcrumb trail on a hand held waterproof GPS and map it for later reference.
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Once you get the hot spot map hit google maps.
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                    Once you get the hot spot map hit google maps.
                    x2, good point.

The hot spot maps are sometimes geographically challenged. The satellite view in google maps helps clarify things. It also allows you to see some bottom structure.

Comment

Man you guys are awesome I can't wait to get out there sunday hopefully I'll have a few pics to upload after
                      -Ron Swanson-

Comment

Get navionics USA on your iphone. Little pricey but great app. Better info than my 300 dollar lowrance GPS. The hook n' line maps they sell at academy also have all the good spots mapped out and what time of year you should fish each spot and for what type of fish. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X