Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I support the Nov limits, and if they are not enough to send the population in the right direction, it should be extended through Dec. A complete closure of the Nov/Dec seasons would be very bad for the bait camps and other local businesses. Most of the fishermen are out hunting and the increased business from the flounder run help keep them going. The ban on gigging just seems like politics under the disguise of "conservation". Maybe a try at a doorway to ban all gigging, people give up their freedoms much more quietly if they are taken through incrementalism.

Comment

Wow Bert,

Clearly you’re very passionate about gigging, and I can see it from your perspective how the November closure of gigging has left a bad taste in your mouth.
      BUT once again I need to clarify a few things

FIRST
      Originally posted by 2112 View Post
      I've tried to keep this "debate" healthy and respectful but you Bryan .......I don't care if you rub shoulders with Chester, spew on the outdoor show or if you you are part of Flounder U. .......
      And this is the way you keep it respectful ????

TPWD did not place there gill nets in places Flounder concetrate and it was noted at the scope. The creel surveys are flawed.
      Surveys done by real Scientist, from very good Universities like Tx A&M are flawed versus what YOU are seeing ????

There is no way you can keep calling me out by saying the gig needs to be shut down.
      This is a pro gigging forum and you can find a place for your anti gigging slant elsewhere..
      What are you reading? ... in my 1st post I even said I look forward to seeing reports from giggers in December

If I am anti-anything it's the miss-information you are typing ..... Guess what BERT, I do not want to see gigging banned !

I just merly, don't want to see flounder over fished, primerly from from the COMMERCIALS who are gigging!

The flounder, has no business being a commercially harvested any longer, and if this statement offends you, I'm sorry, but that is my only "anti- gigging slant" you will find from me. I have no problem lettting recreational anglers go out on the few nights before a front and gig some. The Recreational angler has a small percentage impact on the flounder, outside of the November month.

I don't appreciate it Coe and JT...this is to me serious business.
      Try to focus on me, and not these guys or Chester .... they are not the ones in this disscussion, Coe and JT are merly trying to lighten up topic ....
      FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I guess I have to go back to the beginning to find where you started disrespectful overtones.
        The only thing I respect about you is you contribution to Sea Center Texas and that I do.

Shut the whole thing down yes because there are not enough rec gigs or calm winter nights to harm the resource.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
        Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I guess I have to go back to the beginning to find where you started disrespectful overtones.
          The only thing I respect about you is you contribution to Sea Center Texas and that I do.

Shut the whole thing down yes because there are not enough rec gigs or calm winter nights to harm the resource.
          Bert, you need to take a step back and chill out bro. It is okay to be passionate about a subject but when you start saying you don't respect anything about someone besides a volunteer thing they do, your stepping over some lines and I know I would not appreciate the above comment you have posted.

This thread is getting shut down for just that reason. An inability to have a respectful discussion on a topic. I feel like we are back in 3rd grade.

Bryan has some valid points and the State is looking at the data he is talking about, in fact we should be armed with those data sets too. I agree with a lot of Bryan's points. Yours & my assessment of the Galveston Flounder stock is a mere fraction of that of the State so while things look good here they may be severely declining elsewhere.

Let's keep this about the Flounder and not about each other please.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
          X