Fishing the causeway in Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing the causeway in Galveston

Hey fellas Im planing on going to go try the waters for the first time at the causeway, Galveston
    Any tips or comments ,(maybe things i should be on the lookout for) i would apreciate it, If not
    i will let ya know how it goes on wed......

Re: Fishing the causeway in Galveston

Watch for concrete and rebar sticking up once you get close to the bridge pylons there's lots of debris from The old blown up causeway down there! But a great night fishing spot
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

X2!
      Fishwhisperer

Comment

Thanks guys, thats what i was looking for, thanks for the heads up....i will let ya know how i do out there

Comment

Don't motor under the trestles of the RR Bridge-much concrete slabs sticking up just below water and also X3 on watching out for debris from demolition of old bridge.

Use live shrimp/mullet with only split shot to get the bait down and feel the tell-tale "bump", then set and reel.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Save you gas. Highly overrated. Just as many fish right out yuur back door unless you just want to come to Galvez and help out our economy.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
              Save you gas. Highly overrated. Just as many fish right out yuur back door unless you just want to come to Galvez and help out our economy.
              Let the man come over and enjoy a trip-maybe he'll catch some fine fish and have a great time-regardless of the economy (which BTW, is sucking big time thanks to BHO's assinine policies, but what do ya expect from someone that never had a private sector job in his worthless GD life).
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

X2...... lots of good fishing around the causeway. Just use caution motoring around in that area. Fee lining Shrimp works really well on moving tides. Live Shrimp under popping corks worked next to the rocks and structure is effective. Soft plastics can also be used but be prepared to lose some lead heads. Fish hold around this area all year long.

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I'm not sorry for my opinion, Maniac ray ray. Good luck at the causeway.

Comment

First trip to the causeway...

Click image for larger version

Name:	awsome catch.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	557935Click image for larger version

Name:	awsome catch.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	557935Well friends, i woke up a little late this morning, but i still made it to the causeway, this morning.
                    And it was worth the trip....i decided to start at the causeway today, but i plan on working my way around west-galveston bay,
                    and i want to get to know the area better n better. with that being said, i appreciate the response to my last post, Its a new area
                    for me and after getting a new prop on my motor...i would hate to put some dinks!! on it from oyster reefs etc...so thanks for some
                    of the tips,-( i will be asking for more heads up from some of you, who are more familiar with the area)) But enough talk... heres my First trip to the causeway!!!! watcha think????? its just one pic,

Comment

Well done! What were you fishing on?

Comment

Not bad! It can be a zoo at times and that's better than my last trip in that area. I did bow up on a rusty lawn chair, but it came off at the boat.
                        Nice stringer

Comment

Looks like a good trip to me! Why did you put 2 pictures together to make it look like you caught more fish? LOL

Comment

jBv, you musta missed the thread about orange traffic cones that was on here awhile back.

Comment

WTG Maniac!! Good work and catching!! Thanks for the report-looking forward to more questions and the results from you!

Comment

Working...
                              X