A Good Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Morning

Went to West Bay this morning with a buddy. Fished in a couple different hot spots and caught six nice Trout and a small Flounder on live mullet. Fished a small Reef at sunup and caught my first ever snook. It was about 3 or 4 pounds. Those are some fighting boogers. That was a blast. After I released it, I wish I would have gotten a pic with it, but did have a witness. LOL
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170805_144243_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	577219
    Last edited by hacksaw; August 5, 2017, 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Keith Bodine 1st Cav 1966-1967
    RVN A/229th AHB/Door Gunner
    sigpic

Sure wish I knew what small reef you were at

Comment

Nice catch!!
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by BBSeaIsle View Post
        Sure wish I knew what small reef you were at
        I'm pretty sure I could find it again. I think it might be Greens Reef. It barely sticks up out of the water and it's like a half circle, with the highest part in the middle of the Reef. Lots of oyster shells around it. Across the water, looking North, it was easy to see some houses and beach house canals, like in a bay house subdivision. Not too far from there is the Intracoastal Canal. Ring any bells?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trophytroutman View Post
          Nice catch!!
          Thank you. It was a lot of fun until this moved in on us. We got the heck outta there.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170805_124453.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	562734
          sigpic

Comment

Way to go buddy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walkinwader View Post
              Way to go buddy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
              Thanks Tim. It was a lot of fun.
              sigpic

Comment

Ya'll did well . Thanks for sharing that .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                  Ya'll did well . Thanks for sharing that .
                  Thanks George. Hopefully I'll do it again soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

George A. Barnard was my great grandfather. I'm named after one of his sons , Henry Barnard , who , interestingly was deputized to police Galveston after the great 1900 hurricane. George Branard as color sargeant for the 1 st Texas Infantry distinguished himself in that role . If you google his name you can read about him . He survived the War of Northern Aggression but was wounded in the arm and lost an eye . He had a Houston street named for him , Branard street , where he built a home at 201 Branard street . I was raised a few blocks from there on Sul Ross street.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      George A. Barnard was my great grandfather. I'm named after one of his sons , Henry Barnard , who , interestingly was deputized to police Galveston after the great 1900 hurricane. George Branard as color sargeant for the 1 st Texas Infantry distinguished himself in that role . If you google his name you can read about him . He survived the War of Northern Aggression but was wounded in the arm and lost an eye . He had a Houston street named for him , Branard street , where he built a home at 201 Branard street . I was raised a few blocks from there on Sul Ross street.
                      Thanks for sharing that. I know you're very proud of your heritage. My wife's 5th great uncle was General Braddock. I'll look up your great grandfather on the net. I knew that name sounded familiar. Maybe we can get together and fish sometime. I'd enjoy that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X