A couple of questions on fundamentals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions on fundamentals

I have a light and a gig but what I don't know about flounder gigging would fill a book. I used to go with by grandad when I was a kid and I remember it being dark and late. When you're twelve, late is anything after 9:30p. Is there any rule of thumb about when you go out?

I have a couple of weekend nights free in the next couple of weeks so I am going to take my boys. Thanks to some FWE folks, I have a couple of walk in spots. We are going to try and hit it before the November rules are in place.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

We found them along the grasslines and shorelines last night. The area we walked into was pretty well picked over from previous giggers.
    Try and go when the wind is light, so the water is clear.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Oh, and we kicked up a bunch of fairly large rays. Watch how you walk.
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

let the boys set on the front of the boat as you walk if you pull it when walking, rays like to come to light , mostly behind you. if walking in stay close to bank , thats where fish will be on falling tide.

Comment

Go look at some of the videos on YouTube. As a beginner you will learn a lot.

Comment

You already have more experience than I do! LOL!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

It comes to ya after awhile!
              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Working...
              X