Birthday trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday trip.

Poppy and I give each other a fishing trip for our birthdays that are at the end and beginning of the year. I pick the trip and set up everything, then we split expenses. Past couple years we have fished Toledo Bend. Hunted white bass 1st 2 trips then crappie the 3rd. Since then we have spent hours and hours together on our first boat in the local waters fishing for reds, tropt and flounder. This year for his 74th and my 51st, I want to do something different and am looking for FWE input please. If you could fish anywhere on the Gulf Coast from Padre to Key West in the Spring, where would you go and what would you fish for. Any recomendations are appreciated.

Me and Poppy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	me and poppy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	572774

Birthday trip.

Well, I always wanted to fish Calcasieu.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I would love to go to the Keys someday or the Chandelier Islands. Have guys....
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Venice La or Florida!
        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I would first think about what you want to catch then choose the place accordingly like if you have never Flyfished for bone fish and snook go to key west or maybe tarpon in Florida maybe a off shore tuna trip. Or just some good ole fashion fishin in port Mansfield
          75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
            I would love to go to the Keys someday or the Chandelier Islands. Have guys....
            HAVE FUN*
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Venice is the spot...Tuna capital...last time did a double trip...offshore one day and then caught about a million redfish the next day
              sigpic

Comment

Florida-pick the fish ya want to key on, check the seasons and plan the trip.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Calcasieu aint a bad place to start and is very reasonable, If you want to do offshore and bay Id go to Venice LA
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Birthday trip.

I would go to Port Isabel and chase reds on the grass flats. I went down with a good friend a couple of springs ago. We fished with Doug Dunkin and stayed in his floating lodge in the middle of the Laguna Madre. Great trip and a unique adventure.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
                    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Working...
                    X