Jones Bay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones Bay question

Has anybody fished Jones Bay from the 45 feeder in through the marsh. I've seen alot of people throwing cast nets but never anyone with a pole. Logically where there is bait there should be fish right? Any thing as always is appreciated.

Bing

Try anything once!

Comment

Did it twice, once in a John boat, and once from a yak...yak was easier to get under the RR bridge at the time after I got tired of messing aroud in there. We did catch a few in the gut leading out of the marsh at the RR bridge.
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

That marsh is often loaded with bait ,If you got a yac it would be easyer. Give it a try and get back to us on it!!
        West Bay Sensai...

Comment

We have fished the marsh on the bay side of the bridge and we do fairly well back there. Usually on a high tide we caught lots of reds and flounder never a trout those bays are a bit deceiving there are some deep hholes back there

Comment

There are no fish in Jones go to Chocolate.
            -----------------------
            .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

If you do fish it be careful and watch the tide. I got stuck in a jon boat a few months back. I agree with the others, yak is the way to go.

Comment

Thank you guys for all your helpful information. I tried the marsh last night around 7pm without so much as a bite. I guess your right there are'nt any fish here. One of those vacationing fish was even nice enough to send me a post card via Fiddler crab telling me about the nice conditions out in Chocolate. Well maybe tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                  ......Please, PLEASE disregard the above "helpful hint" as I think Flat Bottom is still suffering from the effects of both the Sun and salt spray he endured this past weekend.
                  There Aren't any fish in Chocolate!!
                  X2

Comment

Comment

Really , really shallow in that area. Watch the tides. Been in there a few times and both times I ended up in the water pushing my boat. Did not catch a thing!

Comment

Working...
                      X