Disabled My Arse!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled My Arse!!

The disability ranks have outpaced job growth throughout President Obama's economic recovery. While the economy has created 2.6 million jobs since June 2009, fully 3.1 million workers signed up for disability benefits.http://news.investors.com/article/61...nder-obama.htm
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

I'm so tired of this commie SOB!!!!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Disabled My Arse!!

Oops! Sorry Kenny! I thought this thread was heading in completely different direction..
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally Posted by dbarham
        I'm so tired of this commie SOB!!!!
        X1000000!!!!
        How would a new pres change this?

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
          The last 3 1/2 years have been good for you huh?
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

He wouldn't. I'm 61 1/2 and was going to wait for 65, but I'm headed to SS to get out at 62 with the penalty. At least I'll get something for working and paying in since I was 14 before losing it.

Comment

The last 3 1/2 years have been good for you huh?
              It's been great. Had our first Kiddo, have another on the way. I dont let the Pres impact my days because I make things happen. My beef is with the idoits who let the banking debacle happen. That cost me alot of business.

I was not being antagonistic with my question. I was serious on how a new Preso would change the issue with disability. I dont think the Preso really has anything to do with that. I think it's a function of companies cutting cost and advising employees with long term ailments to go on disability. We had to do this in our company to make up for lost business.

Comment

A truly conservitive government that doesnt over tax,doesnt over spend,and doesnt extend benifits to those who have no vested interest in those programs, Would lower many costs,and a conservitive gov,that doesnt try to legislate on each detail of We the People's life ,could free up,growth in the private secter, Im tired of legislaters tellin me what I cant do!And ruleing through fear!
                West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Our most recent Elected Officials,The Preso included have been way to heavy handed towards private buisness,case in point,one oil rig blows out and he cut off all drilling activity in the gulf by American and her Allies,BP and mouved everything to Venisuella,We didnt get rich,but he did.The Gulf Coast has dried up compared to where we where 4 yrs back,1 accident in 40 yrs,And then stood in the way of the Canadian oil pipeline. So he could continue strangleing the piss out of America!Oil is the Gulf Coasts life blood and any union man with any since would know you have to have it to stay employed! And it trickels down to everything else from there!!
                  West Bay Sensai...

Comment

A new Republican president and congress could tighten up the requirements to qualify for disability, in fact for ANY government "entitlement", including food stamps, public housing, etc.
                    As Sen. Phil Gramm said years ago; "there are too many people in the wagon, and not enough pulling the wagon."
                    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

A new Republican president and congress could tighten up the requirements to qualify for disability, in fact for ANY government "entitlement", including food stamps, public housing, etc.
                      As Sen. Phil Gramm said years ago; "there are too many people in the wagon, and not enough pulling the wagon."
                      I agree more people need to work. I am not sure a republican President would do better though, as under Bush v2.0 foodstamp use increased 65%.

The problem with disability is, how do you quantify one's discomfort? I have a family member who says he can not work because his hands hurt. He is 33-35 years old (I suck with birthdays if you cant tell) and is on disability. Yet he is able to take care of his 3 YO kid while his wife is at work. We also have a family member who keeps having kids to stay on well-fare support. She needs to be sterilized, as she is on #7. (All on my wife's side btw...)

My point being, how do you really stop this?

Comment

Rabalo for pres.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

My point being, how do you really stop this?
                          Soylent Green!! Let em farging die and use their stenching remains as fertilizer. IMO, the welfare abusers should be just shot. Too costly to imprison them, just shoot em and after the first 100 dead ones, I bet not one abuser will be at H&H Services picking up their Lone Star Card.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

This problem has been going on for a long time & is worse than what you think it is, part of the problems comes from the clinics, the doctors will keep you there as long as they can so they can get paid. I was in therapy for 2 years with an injury, right before my workers comp ran out, they told me I can get on supplimental benefits which I told them was not enough to live on, a few weeks later I was told they got me approved for disability so I can continue my therapy, they knew if I went back to work that I would probably stop coming in, I declined the disability. They will also keep you on so many medications that you wont know if your coming or going, they did not care as long as you kept coming in every day so they can get paid. I saw so many scamming the system from selling their medications( I was taught the street value of each one I ws on), to requesting a hospital bed then selling it, grandmas coming in during school break faking injuries to watch their grand kids(when school started back up, the grandmas left), I could keep going on, but the system is screwed up. Once on disability, then you can get housing assistance & food stamps, just another form of welfare.
                            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                              Oil is the Gulf Coasts life blood and any union man with any since would know you have to have it to stay employed! And it trickels down to everything else from there!!
                              Therein lies the problem. Not many union men with any sense. Who with any sense would join a union knowing that all you are doing is making Americans less competitive and helping to ship more jobs overseas? The death of unions will be the rebirth of the American economy. It's happening state by state right now, and states that have reduced collective bargaining are doing much better than union states at retaining and creating jobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X