KOA San Luis Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOA San Luis Pass

Has anyone launched recently at the KOA ramp on the west side of SLP. The last time I launched there was a few years ago and it was silted in pretty good. Can I get a 22' boat out of there to Cold Pass.

Gater

Stay to the left side about 2 1/2 feet deep how deep is your boat?

Comment

Where's Sandy? That's his stompin' ground.

Comment

Yep, It's still silted in, worse than 2 years ago. But I don't think you'll have problems unless it's a very low tide, like a winter tide. Stay to the left on the way out. The trouble is the last 30 yards or so. There's a bar there that extends from the beginning of the last house (The big one with the red roof) all the way to the end of their pier. Keeping a push pole in the boat is never a bad idea, but you'll most assuredly need to trim up your outboard.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Was there about 4 weeks ago and the tide was up when we put in. Have had issues in there before getting out. I have a 18.5 ft Cajun and it's heavy and tends to sit low in the water. Especially with my buddies in the boat. Stay left is your best bet. At low tide the silted area is a little more obvious but it is there.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, thats what I was afraid of. Might just run from Tiki, still shorter than going out the jetties.
            Gater

Comment

You will be fine. just stay left or watch and follow some one else out. You don't have to launch from Tiki.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Give it a try. I'm pretty sure that this time of year you'll be fine. I've seen a 40 footer launched there, and also that big Hooters boat.
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Sandy. You need to get back home yesterday.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                  Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I wished I could help.

Comment

Working...
                    X