Fishing Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Lights

Looking into getting a portable fishing light. I have looked at Alumiglow and Fishinglights.com, these lights will be used for pier fishing and when I go fishing on lake Livingston with my friends Kayak. Any one have experience with these lights or any others that work well.

Im looking to spend around $120
    "Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish,
    and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishings not that hard."
    -Ron Swanson-

Some RR lights are the best to use. I've seen some use the 500W Halogen (shop lights).
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I've had a fishinglights.com 24'' inch green light for about a decade...probably use it 5 or 6 times a year...works great from the boat or in a canal...never used it in freshwater. It still works great and has stood up well...I think they were around $125 when I bought it...I'm sure they're more now. If you go with one of these get the longest cord you can if you are going to use it from a dock or pier...

Comment

If you want a white one that shines down on the water get a PAR 64 -- 1000 watt halogen spot. These are the same kind that they use on stages for concerts. There's an outfit out of houston that sells them set up for fishing -- I think they even have one with a stand. I'll see if I can find the link.

If you want a 12V green light sounds like the fishinglights.com thing is the way to go.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

G340 has a new set he got in Houston stage lamp type he can fill in the details and might even make a run there for you!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
            G340 has a new set he got in Houston stage lamp type he can fill in the details and might even make a run there for you!
            Yea I think he's the one that posted up the link --- What say you Rocky?
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Re: Fishing Lights

Yes to the par 64's. I have a pair I use too. One thing tho.....I also use the 2000 watt Honda generator. And I must say that when plugging in two of them you are over rating the Gen and the light output of the bulbs is only about 70%. Its a 1600 watt running and 2000 surge so its best to use one Gen per bulb. Another major thing needed is a nice 12 gauge extension cord with the shortest usable length. I see people all the time with the same equipment but using a 100 ft 14 gauge cord and the light output is horrible. When we go to the beach front and set up all 4 lights I bring the big 5.5kw Gen.

Sent from my Motorola car phone using rotary dial.
              Sent from my MOTOROLA car phone using rotary dial.

Comment

Check City Electric on Broadway in Galveston. They have rechargable "green" led U/W lights for about $70.
                -----------------------
                .~~~~ ~~~~~~~ www.saltwaterhooker.net

Comment

Re: Fishing Lights

Cheaplights.com....also located on west side of 45 north near 1960. Real lit up place ...very hard to miss.

Sent from my empty beer can and a long string
                  Don't be a Nancy!
                  If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                  X