Darn Trailer Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darn Trailer Lights

I'm having problems with my lights on my trailer, either they work or they don't and I'be been pulled over by every cop between Webster and GYC!
    Can anyone direct me to a good shop that works on tailer in Kemah or surrounding area?

Any help would be apprecated!!

Evans marine site sponsor but it sounds like you got a bad ground.Check your ground wire or wires.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

He's in Bacliff close to the family dollar store in a blue building.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

www.wirelesstowlights.com
        Today is a new day!!

Comment

Dawg, Ive said it before& Ill say it again.....You tha man!!!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

I take the bulbs out and spray CorrosionX in all the sockets then reinstall the bulbs and unplug when I back in. I used to have all kinds of shorts in the bulbs till I sprayed them.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

This month's Texas Salt Water Fishing Magazine has a write up by Martin Strarup about boat trailers. He has his trailer lights attached to small PVC pipes which sit in the rear rod holders on the boat. They never get wet. Great idea if you have rear rod holders.

Comment

Dielectric grease pb them plugs works wonders
                Today is a new day!!

Comment

I buy my lights from Academy ($5 each) and use dialelectric grease as well...

Johnny's Trailer Repair is in Clear Lake & he has all the necessary testing tools & trailer testing tree thing that they all use.

http://www.johnnystrailerrepair.com/
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Guy's I appreciate the help, I'm headed to speak to the guys at Evans Marine this morning! I've tried everything else!! Than to Wally world to buy some corrosionX!
                    The girl friend is headed down from Austin today, and she said either we go fishing or she goes home... were going fishing!!

Comment

Most trailer light troubles begin with a bad ground.

Good luck!
                      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Originally posted by FishNette View Post
                        Most trailer light troubles begin with lack of maintenence.

Good luck!
                        Fixed it for you.
                        Today is a new day!!

Comment

i had trouble with mine all the time too, barham gave me the best advise ever... rip all of it out go buy nice set of lights with magnets on bottom, set on trailer when you go, put um back in da house when ur done... then they work EVERYTIME... saved me tons of money & time in long run...
                          Think like a fish no matter how weird it gets…

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WIRELESS-LED...item19cdfb6dcf

http://www.pickupspecialties.com/Wir...ing_lights.htm

Comment

Originally posted by mikey01 View Post
                              i had trouble with mine all the time too, barham gave me the best advise ever... rip all of it out go buy nice set of lights with magnets on bottom, set on trailer when you go, put um back in da house when ur done... then they work EVERYTIME... saved me tons of money & time in long run...
                              How do you get magnets to stick on Aluminum or Galvanized?
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X