Boat battery issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat battery issue.

Boat battery failed me at 230 am today on the bay.Swapped over to one of my T/M batt and got to the ramp just fine ,is this battery sufficient for cranking or not it a deep cycle stowaway from acacamey?.3 reds 4 specs 1 big flatty lite hopping .

I don't generally use the deep cycles on the main engine only on the TM -- Go over to Golden Eagle in Alvin and have em fix you up with one. Unless it's under warranty -- in that case I'd swap it with one from the place you got it.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

It really depends on the size of the motor. Obviously, a small motor cranks easier than a big motor. I always have 2 batteries because it sucks to be stranded.

If the battery cranks the motor, you're fine, deep cycle or not.
      "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

Originally posted by FishNette View Post
        It really depends on the size of the motor. Obviously, a small motor cranks easier than a big motor. I always have 2 batteries because it sucks to be stranded.

If the battery cranks the motor, you're fine, deep cycle or not.
        I have 2 newer batteries under the console for T/M ,only room for 1 cranking battery in the battery compartment found out the t/m battery will start the 115hp etec.I will be buying a cranking battery before next trip tks for replies.

Comment

Read your owners manual for the motor. Some motors need more cranking amps.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Use a cranking battery for starting and deep cycles for trolling. I suggest you get a glass mat or gel starting battery-they are expensive but last and can take a beating.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marx
              I like having 2 baterries . One for the motor and one for trolling .
              x2. Keep them both charged
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
              X