9/28: West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/28: West Bay

Launched the kayak early this morning at Sea Isle. I waded Snake Island at daybreak. Had a bunch of blowups on a bone Super Spook Jr. but no hookups. I poled and paddled the marsh between Snake Island and Maggie's from 9a to noon. Water was relatively clear, saw a number of redfish but didn't take a shot at them. Saw a gillion rays back there. I was exploring more than fishing.

I came out of the marsh about noon and waded Snake Island again. I picked up two specks. Largest was 18". Fished until 2p and then headed in. Had a couple of beers at the Sand Bar and drove home.

Specks were caught on a strawberry & white bass assasin. They were all picked up very close to the dropoff on the down current side of the island.

Conditions were mixed today. Dead calm this morning, squalls throughout the day, dead calm again about noon.

Good day away from work. Sorry no fish pictures, I put my phone in the dry bag while I was wading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Galveston-20120928-00074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	572817
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Thanks for the report and nice pic

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

what a coincidence, thats exactly where i was considering going to explore on wednesday, i wanted to know where did u launch off at ?? And maybe we can get together and go kayaking one of these days, i ended going to drum bay instead... anyways let me know....

Comment

Good day on the water!
          West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Nice! Down here at sea isle... Hope I can catch a break in the weather and snag me a few... It's been awhile!
            Tight Lines

Comment

Doesn't look like a break today. Raining all day I think.
              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Yes sir. That's what I was afraid of.
                Tight Lines

Comment

Originally posted by maniac ray-ray View Post
                  what a coincidence, thats exactly where i was considering going to explore on wednesday, i wanted to know where did u launch off at ?? And maybe we can get together and go kayaking one of these days, i ended going to drum bay instead... anyways let me know....
                  I launched off the ramp as Sea Isle Marina. It's about a mile paddle to Snake Island from there. I try to get out every other Friday when I am off work, would be happy to get together one day and go out. There are a bunch of kayakers on FWE. Maybe we can get a group outing going.
                  "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Sounds like a good time.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice report and pic.
                      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Killer pic
                        Captain Glenn Stevens
                        Coastal Guide Service
                        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

yes sir. the more the better, i went out friday after work, im usually off early on fridays and tuesday, but my day off is wedsnday so i take advantage, i work for myself so the earlier i go in, the ealier i get off.... but anyways i went to the San Luis Pass friday afternoon wanting to catch me a Bull red but caught me a 2 ft. shark... need to get me a portable video camera so i can post some of these adventures on here,

Comment

Working...
                          X