Am I the Only One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the Only One?

Am I the only one that doesn't really care about fishing this time of year?

Just take a look on the main forum of any fishing website and you'll find why I feel this way. People posting up reports of exact locations to fish to ruin it for the select few that know of the schools present in that "secret" location, people drawing up very detailed diagrams to get verification from their Internet friends that they were infact being potlicked on, croaker soakers bragging about catching limits, some new fangled lure that will catch everything but a fish getting pimped harder than Jenna Jameson on a corner in Tijuana, and so on. Couple that with the hot weather, lack of fish up shallow, lack of size in fish, traffic, lack of common sense in traffic, and it just makes little sense to me.

I guess the only benefit to fishing during this time of year would be the land locked snapper at the local watering hole to look forward to after yet another *** whooping on the water.

Whats that sound you hear? The sound of Gilbert and his mariachi band celebrating.

Waiting on September 1st regards,
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Come on winter!!! I will fish some in the summer, but when it gets cold I try to be out there every weekend, the colder the better.
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
      Come on winter!!! I will fish some in the summer, but when it gets cold I try to be out there every weekend, the colder the better.
      I will Fish ALL year long I am a Fishing Nut!

Comment

I fish all year long but winter is definetly my favorite time not cause of the smaller amount of people but because of the lil holes and spots i know just down the road and can go slaughter em!

Comment

I agree finally, come on duck season!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Dont fish then.1 less boat on the water.I like fall to spring.Gotta get out and wet a hook even in the summer.I just pulled into my yard been out soaking croaker.I love fishing arties.But every once i a while I like kicking back drinking beer with my buddies on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
              Dont fish then.1 less boat on the water.I like fall to spring.Gotta get out and wet a hook even in the summer.I just pulled into my yard been out soaking croaker.I love fishing arties.But every once i a while I like kicking back drinking beer with my buddies on the water.
              X2

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                Am I the only one that doesn't really care about fishing this time of year?
                Yes

Comment

GHS, please do tell us one thing, a person, item, or event that you feel positively toward . . . . not including yourself.
                  From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

why did you have to drag Jenna's name thru the mud?

And coachlaw, I think he feels positive and still gets "goose bumps" when hes watches re-runs of Vince Young trotting accross the corner of the goal line for the winning td against USC in the Rose Bowl for the National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                      people drawing up very detailed diagrams to get verification from their Internet friends that they were infact being potlicked on
                      I'm sorry I ruined your fishin' forum party...

Comment

Yes, you are one of the few-some of us enjoy what comes with summertime fishing-BIKINIS is reason enough, but then again, you did go to atm and cows and sheep don't look that good in a bikini or even a nice formal dress (IMO of course however at CS, it may be the norm and quite acceptable and maybe even honorable), so I can unnnerstan your frustration to wanting to see heavy jackets and covered up females-i.e. winter!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

you said it fuzzy!
                          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I could not had said it better!

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                              I agree finally, come on duck season!
                              Dbarney, you're the lead guitarist in Gilberto's mariachi.

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                              GHS, please do tell us one thing, a person, item, or event that you feel positively toward . . . . not including yourself.
                              Whiskey over ice.

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                              Yes, you are one of the few-some of us enjoy what comes with summertime fishing-BIKINIS is reason enough, but then again, you did go to atm and cows and sheep don't look that good in a bikini or even a nice formal dress (IMO of course however at CS, it may be the norm and quite acceptable and maybe even honorable), so I can unnnerstan your frustration to wanting to see heavy jackets and covered up females-i.e. winter!
                              Give me some credit, i mentioned land locked snapper as being the only good thing to summer time fishing. This would include bikinis(only on attractive women).
                              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Working...
                              X